Timeline for Applications & Award Presentations
- Current Tree Cities, Campuses and Lines notified of Tree City USA online portal open for applications
- Reminder of application deadlines
- Reminder to complete required activities for application – good time of year for Arbor Day celebrations and tree planting
- More reminders of application deadlines
- Application deadline Tree City USA: typically 2nd Monday of December
- Application deadline Tree Campus USA: December 31
- Application deadline Tree Line USA: December 1
Deadline allows U&CF staff sufficient time to review applications for accuracy and appropriate documentation prior to submitting to ADF
December & January
- U&CF staff complete review of applications
- Applications approved and submitted to ADF for ADF review and approval
- Early in month the award packages are shipped to U&CF for on-time applicants
- Communities are informed of approval of their applications
- Packages are mailed to each community and delivery is tracked
- Communities are provided a presentation request form for NCFS presence
- U&CF webpage updated with current Tree Cities, Campuses and Lines
Timeline for Requesting NCFS Presence to Make the Award Presentation
- Please use the Request Form
- Requests should be submitted 3 weeks prior to the event date to allow time to confirm NCFS staff availability.
- Requests submitted less than 2 weeks prior to the event date may not be successful in receiving an NCFS presenter.
- Events scheduled on State holidays cannot be accommodated.
- Events held in the spring, which is NC fire season, cannot be guaranteed an NCFS presenter as NCFS staff are first responders to fire incidents, however all efforts will be made to try and meet commitments.
- Conflicts due to multiple requests for certain dates, such as the State Arbor Day, will be prioritized by the date the request was submitted.
- Special presentation requests, including more involvement or time by NCFS staff, events, workshops, printing agendas (requiring presenters name) etc., should be made as early as possible so sufficient time can be scheduled by the NCFS presenter.
- Communities are responsible for their own presentation materials at the event.
- Communities are welcome to provide additional or specific details to include in the award speech.
- Communities making arrangements directly with their local NCFS offices are requested to send in the form to ensure that the presenter receives a copy of the speech in a timely fashion.