Request for Proposals
Request for Proposal & Forms
A minimum of $2,500 and maximum of $15,000 in Grant Funding is available for a grant project. Funding is for programs, projects or activities not currently being funded and cannot be used to substitute for existing funds. Funds may be used within existing programs to initiate new program development or program expansion.
Grant & Grantee Eligibility
- The Grant project(s) must be located within the municipal boundaries of an incorporated North Carolina Village, Town or City.
- Eligible Grantee Organizations
- Municipal, County or State government
- Public educational institution
- IRS approved non-profit 501(c)(3) organization
- Home Owners Association
- Proposal Phase
- January 1, 2021 – grant proposal period opens
- January 20 & 22, 2021; 10:00-11:00 a.m. – grant proposal webinars
- Register for either free webinar at www.ncufc.org/events.php
- March 31, 2021, 5:00 PM EST – Grant proposals due
- Proposal Review & Award Phase
- April 1 - May 15, 2021 – Proposal review
- June 30, 2021 – Grant award
- Grant Contract Phase
- July 1 - August 15 – Grant contract preparation and execution.
- September – Contract start; date will be assigned by North Carolina Forest Service.
- November 30 or at the end of 3 months – First interim status report
- March 31 or at 7 months – Second interim status report
- May thru June – Close of State fiscal year. No requests for reimbursement will be processed.
- June 01 – Deadline to request time extensions and modifications.
- July 31 or 15 days after contract end date – Deadline for final reimbursement requests and final reports.