Current Incident: Hurricane Florence and Tropical Storm Michael
Check this page frequently for updates, resources, news and information regarding Florence and ongoing recovery.
Safety concerns for the public and employees prompted temporary closures in several state forests, county and district offices across the state. The North Carolina Forest Service continues to closely monitor changing conditions from Hurricane Florence and determine any additional temporary closures. Please note this is subject to change.
The following state forests in North Carolina are temporarily closed until further notice:
The following state forests in North Carolina are now open:
- Bladen Lakes State Forest **Bladen Lakes is now partially open. NCFS advises the public to be aware that parts of the forest are inaccessible and flooded so please take notice of closure signs.**
- Turnbull Creek Educational State Forest **Turnbull Creek is partially open. NCFS advises the public to be aware that parts of the forest are inaccessible and flooded so please take notice of closure signs.**
- Rendezvous Mountain Educational State Forest
- DuPont Recreational State Forest
- Holmes Educational State Forest
- Headwaters State Forest
- Tuttle Educational State Forest
The Goldsboro Forestry Center is temporarily closed, please check back for updates.
Please refer to the following for any further announcements or updates:
ADDITIONAL RESOUCES AND INFORMATION:
- Hurricane Florence – Raleigh RSOI
- NCFS Situation Report
- Recovering from Storms Information: Who can help
- Recovery Resources from NC State Extension
- Flooding and Fire Ants