The N.C. Forest Service Strategic Plan is intended to guide our efforts in meeting the agency's mission for the next 3 years. The hard work and effort of over 700 employees in the NCFS has resulted in new mission and vision statements and values important to all who wear our patch.
Encompassed within the 6 major goals of Protect the Forests, Manage the Forests, Promote the Forests, Leadership in Forestry, Safety, and Business Efficiencies and Effectiveness are 15 objectives to meet along with over 90 action items. The measures associated with each goal will help track our success in important areas while 9 major initiatives embedded within the plan will impact the way we meet the needs of the citizens of the North Carolina, our partners and our employees.
We hope that each employee will see how the strategic plan fits into their day to day work, how they can play a part in meeting our goals and objectives and how they are a part of a larger effort to serve the people of our state. Join us on this new journey and return often for progress reports on how we are doing.
To protect, manage and promote forest resources for the citizens of North Carolina.
We envision a North Carolina with healthy trees and forests that provide essential environmental, economic and social benefits served by a professional workforce recognized as a leader in forest protection, emergency response, resource management and environmental education.
- Leadership – We take initiative to influence the direction and course of action necessary to accomplish our mission.
- Integrity – Our character is displayed through commitment and ethical performance of our duties and responsibilities.
- Unity ‐ Our care for and loyalty to each other creates teamwork, mutual respect and a sense of family.
- Professionalism - We maintain and utilize the highest levels of knowledge and expertise to safely and effectively accomplish our mission.
- Service - We perform our duties in the best interests of the people we serve and the resources we manage.
- Protect the Forests
- Manage the Forests
- Promote the Forests
- Leadership in Forestry
- Business Efficiencies & Effectiveness
At the end of each quarter the Safety, Planning, and Analysis Division will facilitate through the designated leads the collection of data and a status summary. This information will be logged on the Strategic Plan Progress Reports for each measure. At the end of the State's fiscal year the Safety, Planning, and Analysis Division will facilitate through the designated leads the collection of data and progress for an annual summary report.