Why Do I Need a Woodland Plan?
If you’re like most woodland owners, you know the sense of pride you gain from being a good steward of your land. But you may not realize that your woodland property could be working harder for you and your family, providing more of the benefits you value most. It all starts with a plan! Typically prepared by a forester or other resource professional and customized for your unique property and interests, your woodland plan is an essential roadmap for going forward.
There are numerous financial and environmental benefits to having a woodland plan. Notable benefits include but are not limited to:
- significant property tax savings
- costshare program eligibility
- getting connected with the right forestry professionals
- understanding how to protect your woods and its resources
- making it easier to pass your woods onto future generations